Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Basics

 So world, I'm watching Project Accessory (it's a new show modeled after Project Runway) and i think to myself: "I could have done this"..but then you start to hear about all the people (celebrities) that the designers have already designed accessories for and you think to yourself why are they even on this show???  They should already be established or on their way at least.  What about the designers that are just starting out? What about the ones that really have to use a lamp shade to make a hat, or a "movers blanket" to make a belt LOL! You know what i mean, some poor old girl or guy is using real nails and screws to make something stay together, they should be the ones that are on this Project Accessory show. I almost feel like it's rigged plus,I wouldn't fit in on this show I don't work good under pressure.

Designing for me is a pleasurable thing, it's my peace and serenity. I already have a "regular job" with lots of pressure and challenges (building gears for bridges and conveyors to carry crap etc) which is plenty enough pressure!! So for me making accessories is fun.

Of course, you want to be great at designing and recognized that you have a talent i'm quite sure you dream of being recognized to the street or at Fashion Week... I know I do and one day soon I will, but you don't want that pressure of maybe being told you ain't &^#$!!! Or your designs are just "OK" ... man i would be tight LOL! Well that's probably why I didn't apply for that show; anyway I have jewelry to make so i'll catch you later!

ya girl QPDOLL  

No comments:

Post a Comment